Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'd Love to Eighty-Six the leg warmers....

Word on the street is that Bollywood Fugly is being beckoned. Last week I watched the early Govinda masterpiece Love 86. The clothes are actually not that bad, given that the year is...well, 1986, but I think there a few things worth sharing, and even if they aren't fugly, they're a good time, and who couldn't use a little of that right now? Plus Pooja asked me to, and who am I to say no to her?

some 80s goodness






Govinda in a Footloose shirt


a criminal making the awesome career move of wearing a jacket with his name on it


the heroines in their Holi finest


But the best part of the whole movie is the song in Govinda's first scene, sort of a Michael Jackson/West Side Story hybrid...


...unless it's the title song, with its leg warmers and Govinda in a white vest with black studded arm bands. And love-making robots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything else is still okay, but why are they doing aerobics in the song, like all the time?

P.S. Love this blog :)

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

No matter what Farha wears (or doesn't) she was Highly Bonkable.

Did you notice that in the first picture on your last post, the top is sliding off the dancer on the left of the picture? Can we please forward a few frames?

Paresh said...

Oh my. Repressed memories just came flooding back. I must go shock my brain into submission again.