Sunday, December 17, 2006

not so much "fug" as "woah"

Behold, just a few of the incredibly wonderful fashions from Bobby (1973). I truly enjoyed them all, even if some of them are not exactly what I would choose to wear myself. This is the best possible bell-bottomed, minidress, cat-eyed, bouffanted costuming glee. Genius work, C. G. Hanuman.

I was going to say that a picture was worth a thousand words and then just let you take it all in, but then I remembered that it was imperative that I point out that the long white dress with the paisley shapes in it has cut-out bits inside the paisleys, because I didn't notice that the first time I saw it.

7 comments:

Katrin said...

No no no no no - Bobby and fug shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence! ;) There's absolutely nothing about the film I don't love and adore. Except for maybe Rishi's glasses.

On second thought - I love those, too. ;)

t-HYPE said...

The question of the day is:
Were the clothes like that during the '70s because everyone was doing drugs or was everyone doing drugs because the clothes were like that?

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Katrin - I totally agree. I only put them on this site to insure that the maximum number of people would get to see them! :)

Anonymous said...

i'd agree. the clothes are cool, the stars are cooler (rishi, dimple, aruna irani, etc) and the attitude is ultra 1970's mod. gotta love it. by the way - aruna irani has one gorgeous figure!

Anonymous said...

The clothes aren't half bad and they were carried off with so much `elan!

Aparna said...

@t-hype:
Were the clothes like that during the '70s because everyone was doing drugs or was everyone doing drugs because the clothes were like that?

A veeeeery interesting coschen...

sparkle hayter said...

The 70s were a fashion nightmare globally.

Can't wait to see how Farak Khan recreates the 70s clook in Om SA
hanti Om