Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bollywood Fugly lesson #2: Skin-tone leather clothing? Avoid, yaar!



(Our friend the Big "Overall" B in Saate Pe Satta [a remake of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers], 1982 - yes, I know, 1982 seems awfully late for this kind of thing.)

The pictures don't quite do it justice, so you'll have to trust me: at times in this outfit, when the lighting or shadows are just right, it appears that Amitabh is naked except for his sleeves. In a clear shot, you can see that his leather overalls are not in fact the color of his skin - v g. But in motion or shadows, you can't tell. And when you've got legs as long as his, and tend to do a lot of legs-bent poses, that's v bad.

And the onesie is funny for a related reason. Please note that in the background, Shakti Kapoor is wearing a burlap bag...

...until he isn't.


Hema Malini shows us why ponchos only made a temporary revival recently while Amitabh demonstrates that a guitar and a strut are always the perfect accessories.



Also, I noticed some swimsuits to point out. This is nothing Christie Brinkley wasn't wearing in this era, and I'm sure there are far worse Bollywood leopard-print swimsuits, but I still don't like it.


These, however, are cute, if not exactly à la mode for 1982.


For the record, the rest of the clothes in this movie aren't too bad, given that it's Bollywood in 1982.

6 comments:

t-HYPE said...

Awww. You didn't put the photo of the boys in their pastel tighty whiteys!

Maybe I need to do one on how not to wear your undies...

Susania said...

Did anyone spot the blabbermouth Shakti Kapoor as one of the brothers?

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Yeah, I mentioned him in the post! See his bag? Then not?

Anonymous said...

You know, I'd almost wear one of those bathing suits. The more you stare at them, the more they grow on you...

Susania said...

Geez, Beth, you actually expected me to read your post?! ;)

[Smack forehead] D'oh!

Women Leather Skirts said...

Great post. I like it. I am impressed. Keep it up.


Buy Leather Jackets,
Men Leather Blazers